Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I forgot how much intervals hurt...

Hey, I finally got my fitness somewhat back and I am beginning to pack on the hours again. That whole house thing is draining. But it is time to build up some good base and get ready for next year. I plan on racing cyclocross or participating in the local races, so I need to get some higher end intervals in.
I was supposed to 4 on and 2mins off, but decided to stack them and do 8mins on and 3mins off. I kept my heart rate in the 170's and it felt pretty good. My max hrt is 195bpm, so I was in a decent higher end for the 8 mins. If I could extend that to 15mins then 1/2hr that would be great for cross season. Cross is basically a time trial with running in it. I find it really hard to keep a constant pace because your on the edge so much.
More intervals tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

No comments: